Applicability the provision set out and referred to in this consignment note shall apply to modes of transport used by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. for connection of consignments. They also apply if the mode of transport as described on the face of this consignment note is contrary to the original contract between the parties or performed by one or more modes of transport which may not the defined mode of delivery of the consignment as agreed in this consignment note.
Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. means Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. Express Limited.
Parties mean and includes consignor consignee and/or his/her authorized representatives.
Freight referred to in this consignment note means the transportation charges alone and it excludes the other components like COD / TO PAY / MENTION PC charges taxes and other levies.
Delivery means tender of shipment to the parties or intimation about arrival of the shipment at the destination.
2) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. is entitled to use any mode and route for transportation.
3) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. is a private carrier and its rights and liabilities are governed exclusively by the express terms set out herein below subject to the applicable laws this consignment note constitutes a binding contract between Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. and the parties.
4) This consignment note issued by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall be strictly based on the declaration given by the parties Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any wrongful declarations contained in this consignment note and the parties shall remain solely liable for the same in the event of goods under the consequential loss/ refund. Further the parties agree to make good any losses to Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. in case of any claims being lodged on Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. on account of delays arising out of insufficiency of documents or wrongful declaration contained in this consignment note.
5) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd.'s RIGHT OF INSPECTION OF CONSIGNMENT
Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. has the right but not the obligation to open and / or inspect any shipment consigned by the consignor to ensure that all the items are capable of carriage to the destination within the standard operating procedure and handling methods. Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. does not warrant that any particular item to be carried is capable of carriage without infringing the law of any state of the country from / to or through which the item may be carried.
Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to refuse the consignor not conforming to these terms and conditions without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
6) The parties are solely responsible for all / any payments levied by the government or any statutory body in respect of any consignment
7) The parties hereby declare that the consignment covered under this consignment note does not include any contraband / legally restricted / hazardous / flammable/ poisonous/ explosive / currency / jewelry / food coupon / share certificate or articles categorized as prohibited under the regulations of the IATA (International Air Transport Association).
8) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall have a general lien over all the consignments of the parties towards any dues payable to Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. by the parties.
9) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall not entertain any warehouse booking & delivery unless the declaration form available with the concerned operating units is duly filled up along with the necessary enclosures and handed over to the concerned person.
10) The parties shall pay the freight and other charges at the time of booking or within the payment period stipulated in this consignment note in case of non –payment of the bill amount within the stipulated time the parties shall be liable for payment of interest at the rate of 2% per month the bills will be raised even if POD (Proof Of Delivery) copy is not submitted.
11) Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. advises the parties to insure the goods handed over to Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. for transportation under the consignor insurance. In the event of any loss Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall provide COF (certificate of facts) on request. A COF charge of 0.2% on the invoice value shall be charged.
12) No claim shall be entertained by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. for any loss or shortage damage non-delivery / breakage / leakage / pilferage, etc. of the consignment unless a written claim is lodged within three (3) days from the date of delivery subject to the provisions under risk coverage or general liability clause of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd..
13) Value added services COD / TO PAY are provided at additional charges over and above the freight charges without any liability on ‘Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd.’s part whatsoever with respect to the original contractual obligations or payment terms between the consignor and consignee or any third party.
14) Subsequent to booking of a consignment if the consignor makes any changes in the address or any other changes, additional charges shall be levied as a result of such a change.
15) It is the responsibility of the consignor to provide the necessary documentation including but not limited to invoice. Packing list permits and forms as applicable in accordance with laws of the destination of the goods any consequences including but not limited to penalty seizures shall be the sole responsibility of the consignor.
16) If the parties do not take delivery of the consignment for any reason whatsoever. Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall raise bills on the parties towards the transportation and other charges including transport charges in accordance with the terms of the contract and the parties shall be liable to pay all dues payable to Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. whether at the original booking station or elsewhere as notified by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd..
17) The demurrage clause shall apply for a period of one (1) month and if the consignment is not accepted by the parties with in this period for any reasons and the parties fail to make the payments due to Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd., Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall be entitled to send the consignment to its unclaimed goods department to proceed with the sale of the consignment to realize all dues by issuing prescribed notices.
18) Consignments carrying valuable items may take an additional day, over and above the committed delivery due to security reasons and inspection process in between.
19) The Business operations of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. are decentralized and operational autonomy provided to the respective operational zones based on geographical coverage. Operational empowerment and responsibility rests with the respective zonal heads on an exclusive basis for performance of all obligations of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. under this consignment note. The directors of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. are not directly involved or responsible for individual consignment notes for which exclusive responsibility rests as said with the respective zonal heads / product heads.
20) The liability of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. if any, in delay of the shipment (subject to any exceptions available under law) shall be to the extent of basic freight charges only. Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any consequential losses/claims.
21) All demands claims arising from this consignment note shall be paid at the registered office of Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. situated at no 3. Victoria Road, Bangalore. Karnataka and all demands by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall be deemed to have been made by Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore.
22) Any dispute or differences arising from this consignment shall be referred to adjudication by a sole arbitrator Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. shall be entitled to nominate the sole arbitrator to adjudicate any dispute differences or claims arising out of this consignment , the venue of arbitration shall be at Bangalore courts at Bangalore shall have the exclusive jurisdiction all claims arising from this consignment.
23) The terms and conditions stipulated are in addition to special contracts, if any between Shree Rang Logistics Pvt. Ltd. and the parties.
24) For any product specific terms and conditions, please refer Terms & Conditions listed over leaf of respective product consignment note or obtain the details from nearest booking counter / branches.